wtorek, 6 sierpnia 2013

~ thoughts ~
Here I am trying to paste together my life. Pieces seem to have evaporated into thin air and now I'm left to build new ones. Pieces that never before existed. Pieces that will allow me to rediscover who I am and give me the courage to face my fears. It's hard when you want to be perfect. When you're not perfect at the thing you love most. When you want to tie in with prestige yet deep inside you know there is prestige in you. When you forget about all you have to offer just because people seem to be getting the fast track in life.
I've found a new piece of me. It's telling me that other people getting the fast track in life does not mean I am going at a slow pace. What people do does not determine what I do or who I am. I am my own person and although I'm on a rocky road whilst others are cruising the highway, I have just as much of a chance to make my dreams reality.

2 komentarze:

  1. I love this, it's something I identify with quite strongly, especially that last bit. It is always tempting to give up when you see people your age or younger and see how much success they have. All too often it makes you feel like you're not good enough , that you have no chance now. But of course that's not true. As Confucius once said 'It does not matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop', and I think that's true of everything. If there's something you want to do and somewhere you want to go, as long as you're heading in that direction no-one can tell you you've failed or that you're not good enough.
    redmoonrabbit -

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Courage. Be true to who you are. The rest will follow as everything always happens for a reason.

    xx
    k

    OdpowiedzUsuń